Our Policies, Terms & Conditions
The number of lessons per term depend on half terms and school holiday dates.
Termly fees are calculated on the number of lessons per term and will be adjusted accordingly. Lessons will take place in Winchester or the surrounding areas.
We are unable to offer refunds, credit notes or extra lessons if lessons are missed due to pupil illness or absence for any reason. If the regular teacher misses a lesson, every attempt will be made to replace with another. Where this is not possible a credit note will be offered for a future term. If any further Lockdowns are instructed by law, classes will be take place online and no refunds will be offered should you not wish to participate.
Notice to discontinue Lessons
Pupils may only withdraw from lessons at the end of a Term. Written notice is required, to be received 2 weeks before the end of the current term.
Failure to do this will result in one Terms fees being charged.
Your child’s enjoyment and safety is paramount. We constantly review and update our child protection and safeguarding policy which can be viewed on request at reception.
All staff have clear enhanced checks made by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Our Child Protection Policy
Solent Theatre Arts endeavour to provide a safe and secure environment for all young people whilst in the care of Solent Theatre Arts. Solent Theatre Arts believes that it is always unacceptable for children or young people to experience abuse of any kind and recognises it’s responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people by a commitment to practice which protects them. We aim to provide a safe participatory and creative opportunities for all children and young people who are part of our academy.
In order to do this, we recognise that:
• The welfare of the young person is vital.
• All children have the right to be treated equally and protected from harm or abuse, regardless of their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity.
• Working with parents, carers, guardians and other partnerships is essential in promoting the welfare of young people.
The purpose of this policy is:
• To provide protection for all young people who receive services from Solent Theatre Arts.
• To provide all staff and/or volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person to be experiencing or at risk of, harm.
• This policy applies to all staff, including the Solent Theatre Arts senior leadership team, paid staff, volunteers, agency staff, contracted staff, students or anyone working on behalf of Solent Theatre Arts.
We will endeavour to safeguard children and young people by:
• Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
• Adopting child safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for all staff and volunteers.
• Recruiting DBS checked and industry professional staff.
• Sharing information about child safeguarding and good practice with children, parents, staff & volunteers.
• Sharing information about concerns with relevant agencies and involving parents and children appropriately.
• Provide effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
Class Conduct and Parent/Guardian Responsibilities
Students must be dropped off and collected punctually and by their pre-arranged adult. Any changes to the pre-arranged adult collecting must be communicated to Solent Theatre Arts before the end of the session. Any child that goes home alone must have prior permission and confirmation of permission if they do not usually. Persistent late collections risk being charged for staff’s time.
Any last-minute absences, booked holiday or family celebrations must be communicated to Solent Theatre Arts as soon as possible. This is extremely important as we approach performance dates.
Solent Theatre Arts hold no responsibility for broken or lost personal belongings.
Changes to contact information/medical updates must be communicated to Solent Theatre Arts immediately.
Parents are not permitted to watch classes.
Students must attend class wearing their Solent Theatre Arts T Shirt that can be purchased on our Online Shop. Exceptions are made whilst orders are completed. All students must wear closed toe shoes. No bare feet or flip flops will be allowed.
A tuck shop will be available at class for students to buy drinks and snacks. Please ensure though that you send your child with a bottle of water.